"Cosmic Consciousness abides in the very sense of existence, in one's very heart's desire." Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Seeking some type of nirvana


I'm starting a personal quest.
I'm on a quest to find some sort of inner peace, some sort of compliance with the pressures, the strains that seep into my mind, affect my spirit. I'm on a search, a pilgrimage, an expedition of sorts to find some type of nirvana, some type of contentness, figure out if it really exists, even in short instances, short dosages, how to savor, relish, partake in the moment...
What is peace, period? What is peace to others? How has it changed over the years? How do Eastern religions and practices capture this essence? Is 'nirvana' within me? Can I find it through love of others? Spiritually, perhaps? Is it something that everyone can find, or is it just something people think they feel? Is it all in the mind, body, soul, as they say? Is peace circular? Linear?
I have lots of questions that need answers. Or attempts to pin-point hidden meanings, messages. Peace is something that we all inadvertently or advertently strive for...but is it truly possible? Which leads me to other worldy possibilities, these big ideas that bounce around in my head. Why do I doubt so much? This all centers around relationships. Internally with oneself and externally. I'm always on the go, always with others. I'm need to be by myself, to dig deep down and spend time with just myself. I'm thinking I need to do this to answer some pressing questions, or to come up with tentative answers. To toss around some big ideas -- to find peace in doing that for myself as well as finding peace in doing for or with others. Perhaps then I'll become more decisive. Become a bit more self-aware. It's the idea of isolation. Hermit-living like...
Ideas to find inner-peace or consent with not finding it (new year's resolutions of sorts):

1.) Go back to my 'homeland' and just explore
2.) Take a yoga class
3.) Read up on Buddha, Ghandi...
4.) Spend time alone in natural settings...go on a vison quest (not for days though!)
5.) Spend time in company with another (or others) in natural settings or not so natural
6.) Attend a few church services (different denominations)
7.) Read and study 'peaceful' art forms, such as poems, paintings, music...what the artist was striving to give off
8.) Meditate with close family friend, Stephanie Shamsuddin
9.) Talk to elderly. See if they have 'found' it at their old age. What wisdom they have to offer
10.) Do people in different countries find 'peace' in different ways? Take note while overseas...is peace global? Regional even?

Just some ideas....

I want to know that it's okay have these questions, and it's okay not to know all the answers (or any). Maybe it's okay that I just want to try a bit harder to know.

1 comment:

AGM said...

It's always okay not to know answers.

Questions and answers are fluid.

At least I think that's so.

But of course I can't know. I'm looking for my own peace of mind. Piece of mind. We all are.

I love youuuu :]