"Cosmic Consciousness abides in the very sense of existence, in one's very heart's desire." Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

If you hear a voice or sound, ignore it.


I'm considering meditating before my shower each morning before school. I've heard this works relatively well. There are many techniques to try, different donominations of meditation to practice. The one I plan to try tomorrow is a 'Heart Centered Meditation' exercise. Here is my derived list of things to do in order to accomplish this sense of calm.
1.) Quiet area, no distractions, no lights. I might have to situate myself in my closet, underneath skirt hems, squahing summer flip-flops.
2.) Get comfortable...lie on back or sit with back toward wall. Palms up, fingers pinched, lightly for traditional touch. Silly.
3.) Relax. Breath deeply, concentrate on exhales and inhales. Try to relax every muscle in body, starting from toes up to face. Focus is the biggest key here, really trying to get into it, really trying to let go.
4.) If you hear a voice or sound, ignore it.
5.) Draw attention to center of chest. Imagine a ball of light, any color you like halfway in your chest, half out. Watch (with your third eye) it grow with each inhale and exhale. Allow it to be as large as you like. Hmm...what color will mine be? Will archetypial colors come into play? I'm thinking softball size...
6.) Ball = healing love energy. Allow it to rub over wounded areas. Let your mind direct it toward those in your life that need your lovely healing. I have to let it go? Selflessness or selfishness?
7.) Once feeling complete or touched, slowly become aware of your surroundings. Stretch. Listen to Keane's "Sunshine" song.
Will update with experience once completed.

No comments: