"Cosmic Consciousness abides in the very sense of existence, in one's very heart's desire." Shrii Shrii Anandamurti

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

I fit inside of you. I can be inside of you.


I tried this meditation mechanism a few days ago with a close friend. After watching a few movies we both collapsed on the couch and with eyelashes batting, discussed meditation, if we knew anyone who practiced it, what peace that brought. My friend wrapped his arms around me and drew me toward his massive chest. Attempting to meditate, or nap rather, we both took notice in how we both attempted to synchronize breaths, even though lung capacities were quite different, without thinking about it, me (the smaller) would hold my breath and release the air once he had. It creates a balance of sorts.
"I tried meditating once," he informed me as our chests heaved in and out rhythmically . "I lit some incense, you know, sat cross legged, and tried to block everything out of my mind."
"Did it work?"
"It was difficult to get everything off my brain...but was awesome while it lasted. I felt light," he opened one eyelid and peered at my blank face. "But then I got a headache from in carbon monoxide from the incense and had to open the windows and it got cold."
I laughed and remained curled up on our sides for a few moments.
"Try to relax everything in your body. Start with your toes," I whispered, "then work your way up...picture a flaming ball growing out of your heart...what color is yours?"
"Blue...greenish."
"With each breath feel it expand to as big as you want, then move it with your core energy to any painful area on your body."
We 'did' this for five minutes or so before he asked what color mine was.
"It's red, fiery red, and has orange flames coming out of it..."
"Like...the sun."
We laughed and the concentration was broken. I didn't FEEL anything mystical or come to any mystical enlightenment for the time allotted. It was probably because his presence was distracting.
I did FEEL though, something much simpler. The act of being together, the balancing, the rhythmic breathing did serve therapeutic. Being with another is comforting. Lovely. Just relaxing...is this some type of meditation? I think so...
As my friend was lulling off to sleep and his breaths became deeper and longer winded I thought deeper into the previous conversation. With the lung capacity he had, I felt, wrapped up in his arms, engulfed, trapped, swallowed whole. "Complete or touched" if you will. I desperately wanted to wake him and say, 'I can fold into your ribcage, every breath I breathe out, each time my lungs deflate, back collapses, my soul sinks into you. I fit inside of you. I can be inside of you.'
I felt inner calm...peace as my breaths resulted to steady inhales and exhales in tune with his sleepy sighs. I too, sailed, drifted to sleep, my fiery red and orange flamed healing orb over my heart.

No comments: